costa rica yoga retreat
Saturday July 19 - Saturday July 26, 2014
Explore life, friendship, food, relaxation, Costa Rica, and so much more.
7 days of yoga, morning beach walks, meditation, transformation, and plenty of free time to be in nature, rest your body and mind, and reset.
- Deluxe Junior Suite, includes a living area with a comfortable sofa and amenities.
- Morning and afternoon yoga/meditation sessions
- Early morning silent beach walks.
- Meals: Multiple restaurants (dress code from casual to elegant) to choose from when you're ready for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snack. Plus 24- hour room service included.
- Drinks: Multiple bars throughout the resort. And all you can drink bottled water.
- Entertainment options including non-motorized (kayak, snorkling, pedal boats, bikes) water sports, daily activities and nightly events.
- Tips are included.
- Start the day with a silent walking meditation along the beach
- 7:45 AM Yoga (ALL levels: gentle, intermediate, advanced)
- 10:00 AM - Breakfast
- 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM Free time: Lay by the pool. Lunch. Explore.
- 5:00 Gentle or Yin Yoga & Sunset Meditation
- 7:30 PM Dinner
- 8:30 PM - Lounge. Entertainment. Free time.
What else to do?
The hotel will have plenty of entertainment, and areas for relaxation, plus the beach is stunning. Non-motorized sports are included during your stay. If you are interested in 1/2 day or full day excursions please check this site: http://conchal.swisstravelcr.com/. It is highly recommended that you stay 2-3 days after the retreat to explore the country in more detail.
Our host / Westin Conchal
The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal is an All Inclusive eco-friendly retreat, located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera of Costa Rica, this secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving guests an unforgettable vacation experience.
Nestled in the green forests of Costa Rica's magnificent North-Pacific Riviera in the province of Guanacaste , The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal is located 60 km from Liberia International Airport (LIR) and 15 minutes from Tamarindo local airport.
- Single Occupancy: $2,253.00 (pp)
- Double Occupancy: $1,833.00 (pp)
Early bird discount: $100 - if paid in full by April 18, 2014
Members discount: $100
Due to the nature of this event, space is limited. A $300 deposit is required to reserve your spot.
For how to get there, what to bring, more details, please open and read the registration form (pdf).
For more information please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
video from last year's retreat)
About the teacher, Xenia Guido
Teaching and running a yoga studio is, without doubt, my life’s passion. It gives me great pleasure to watch students get stronger, healthier, braver, and more purposeful with their lives and their talents.
My classes are simple, challenging, & breath-driven. My goal is get you out of your head and into your heart (your inner compass). I will encourage you, over and over, to find your personal edge, to live fully, to stay present for one more breath.
I started teaching in 2002, even though I waited until 2006 to get my first teacher certification. Today I've been through about 1,000 hours of Teacher Training, most of it at Kripalu, also with Rusty Wells and Baron Baptiste. I teach yoga, I'm a student of life.
PS: I grew up in Costa Rica, and have always had a sweetspot for Playa Conchal. I live in San Diego now. My yoga studio, Pura Vida, is located in the Gaslamp District of Downtown San Diego.
-- Mark Twain